Saturday, February 9, 2013

Star Panda - Delivered!



           

Click the above links to see the apps in Apple's App Store!


Wow, it's been about five months since my last app release....

At this point, making apps is not difficult, it's just very, very time consuming, and of course, life gets in the way.  Between this app and the last, I learned quite a bit of Japanese and spent three weeks touring Japan.

Anyway, this latest app was made for my good friend Natalie.  It was part of this pay-it-forward, craft-along thing.  Eventually, I'll be making another app for another friend as a part of it.  More on that later.

As for Star Panda, it's a fun little arcade game wherein you tour space attempting to collect cute animal friends and avoiding evil space bats and lizards.

  

Again, I was obsessed with a control scheme and made a game explicitly to explore it.  The panda's controls are modeled after the super sheep in Worms Armageddon.  I've always liked how learning to control them was an art in itself.


This was one of the most interesting releases I've had.  I got denied by Apple because my app did not use Game Center.  I had no idea they did that.  Certainly, I've never heard of an app being denied for not supporting Game Center before.  I ended up adding it in, which was exceedingly easy with Corona, but it was still a bummer having to wait another two weeks to release it.



I may start integrating Game Center into all my apps.  At the very least, they won't get denied anymore for not having it.

Well, time to get back to work.  I'm hoping to up my output this year, and those games aren't going to write themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment